Head Softball Coach
Michelle plays her summer softball for the A Grade Piranhas in the Manly Warringah Softball Association, where she has played for the last 10 years. Michelle has represented her state in 6 National Championships and is a current member of the NSW Open Women’s team who were the first team in history to take out the Gilleys’s Shield, Edebone-Weber Shield and McLaughlin Cup in the same year. She was also announced as the Softball Australia’s Rookie of the Year for Open Women’s 2011/2012.
Michelle attended Sydney University for 3 years before jetsetting to Middle Georgia College in 2009 to play collegiate softball where they were placed in the top two colleges in the Region 17 Conference. She completed her schooling at Middle Georgia in 2011 receiving the Deans Award and Honour roll for all semesters completed. During her collegiate career she was names in the GGCA Second Team, and also in the NJCAA All Region team for 2010/2011.
Following Michelle’s return to Australia she completed her Education degree in PDHPE and looks forward to her future in teaching and coaching.
Softball Career Snapshot
- NSW Under 19s – Pitching & Catching Coach – 2012/13
- Junior Coaching Convenor for Pittwater RSL Softball Club – 2011/12
- NSW Opens Women’s Team – National Champions – 2011/12
- Softball Australia Rookie of the Year – 2011/12
- Manly Warringah Opens Team State Champions – 2011
- Manly Warringah State League Team Runner’s Up – 2011
- Collegiate Player at Middle Georgia College – 2009 to 2011
- Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association All Conference Second Team – 2009 to 2011
- National Junior College Athletic Association All Region Team – 2009 to 2011
- Under 12 Manly Warringah Battery Coach State Champions – 2009
- NSW Under 23s Softball Team – 2007 to 09